- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and the sole and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. This event we hold to be an experience, rather than a doctrinal supposition.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- That the true Church comprises all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone, in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
The OUGM exists as an Evangelical Christian Rescue Mission, serving Thurston County, to share the good news of life in Jesus Christ by meeting the physical, mental and spiritual needs of individuals in crisis.
We carry out our ministry to share the love of Jesus Christ in practical ways by meeting the needs for discipleship, food, shelter, dental care, limited health care, life skills training, addiction recovery, household goods and personal effects, benevolence, education and job training, domestic abuse intervention, and developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, organizations and churches.
Goals & Objectives
Our vision is that OUGM is the voice of hope to the lost, the young and elderly, to those in bondage to drugs and alcohol and to the broken-hearted in our community of Thurston County through the life transforming teaching of God’s Word. We compassionately touch the lives of those in physical and emotional pain through the restorative care of counseling, dental and vision services. Our desire is to provide a safe haven and a listening ear to all in need of food, clothing and shelter. We are committed to being the hands, feet and voice of Christ, making His appeal of reconciliation through our words and deeds. We are Christ’s ambassadors gathered from the local churches to show our community God’s love and share His message.